Summary List PlacementIf you frequently use Yelp and are active in the Yelp community, you may want to consider pursuing membership with the Yelp Elite Squad.
The Yelp Elite Squad is a selective, annually chosen membership within the Yelp community. Yelp Elite members receive numerous perks, including exclusive invites to numerous events hosted by Yelp.
Here’s how to become a Yelp Elite member.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
iPhone 11 (From $699.99 at Best Buy)
Samsung Galaxy S10 (From $899.99 at Best Buy)
How to become a Yelp Elite member
Yelp users interested in becoming Yelp Elite members need to consider a few things before they pursue membership with the Yelp Elite Squad.
There are a few basic requirements you need to meet before you can join, such as making sure you’ve reached the minimum drinking age in the region you currently reside in and are using your real name on your profile.
Of course, that’s just scratching the surface. Yelp Elite members also have to follow a specific code of ethics that includes not working for a Yelp competitor, and not being a business owner or closely affiliated with a business owner.
To become a Yelp Elite member you also have to be an active member within your Yelp community and produce consistent content on Yelp. This doesn’t just exclusively mean writing reviews or adding photos — it could also mean answering questions found on Yelp listings, creating public bookmarks that allow users to view your recommendations, checking in to businesses, or using other Yelp features.
For more information, you should check out Yelp’s Support Center to see if you are eligible for a Yelp Elite membership.
If you’re eligible, here’s how to apply to become a Yelp Elite member:
1. Grab your iPhone, Android, or tablet and open the Yelp app.
2. Tap the “More” tab in the bottom-right hand corner of the screen.
3. Scroll down to the bottom of the “More” tab and tap “Yelp Elite Squad,” which will open up a new page.
4. Click the red button at the top of the page that says “Join the Squad” and you will be redirected to a different part of the page.
5. Click “Start Nominating,” and the page will ask if you want to nominate yourself or someone else on your friends list.
6. After you choose who you are nominating a new page will appear. Yelp will ask you which Yelp Elite Squad you are looking to join along with a text box that allows you to explain to Yelp why you would be a great fit for the Yelp Elite membership. Click “Submit” when finished.
Yelp Elite members are chosen each year, so if you are not selected to become a Yelp Elite member when you apply, you can reapply the following year.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
How to change your name on Yelp in 3 steps, or add a nickname to your profile
How to edit your Yelp profile and customize your public appearance on the platform
How to change your primary location on Yelp using a computer or mobile device
How to flag a review on Yelp if it’s suspicious or violates the platform’s guidelines
How to delete a Yelp review you’ve written using a computer or mobile device
SEE ALSO: The best iPhone for every type of person and budget
Join the conversation about this story » NOW WATCH: A cleaning expert reveals her 3-step method for cleaning your entire home quickly